Saturday, December 01, 2012

S.D.4 Steampunk

I haven't done much else on the design document for Panic! Panic! recently. Although, I have set aside some time today to work on it. It's crazy how when I want to work on it, I don't have time and when I have time, I don't want to work on it. However, I am planning to at least start production on it sometime during the Christmas break.

This past week, due in large part to my brother, I have been working on S.D.4 Steampunk. He has been giving several idea submissions to that project, so I haven't had to put as much work into it. I would say that he's contributed to more than half of the games mechanics and structure. He's definitely getting a co-author credit for that.

For those of you who don't know, S.D.4 is a pen and paper RPG system that I have been developing for over a year now. It's an acronym for Simple Dice 4-Sided, meaning that it's d4 based system and is meant to be a really simple role-playing game. I mostly wanted to create a role-playing system that was simple and quick, and that required fewer rules to remember.

The playtests have been positive, but it's far from finished, like my many other projects.

No comments: